We are opening Etobicoke’s first food co-op in an 8000 sq/ft space in the Shoppes at Stonegate at 150 Berry Road. Our focus is on providing our community with healthy, locally produced, sustainable food within a wonderful, walkable neighbourhood.
Better Food. Stronger Community.
Unlike many big name grocers, we’re owned by the co-op members who shop in our store! We offer a unique shopping philosophy – where members always have a say in what products are available. We will have everything you expect in a grocery store, plus the opportunity to save on cost. Anyone is welcome to shop at the BRFC, but only members will be eligible to take advantage of special sales and discounts on store items.
We’ve partnered with the Stonegate Community Health Centre to provide educational programs in our Co-op Kitchen such as cooking, canning, and food preservation classes. Through partnerships with other community health providers, we will offer the following:
- Healthy living and eating education
- Kid and youth programming to engage young members in healthy and sustainable food practices
- Store credit opportunities to directly address healthy food access and help with the rising cost of food
Let’s create a new local food culture in our neighbourhood with healthy, accessible food options for everyone.
Healthier food, happier people, thriving community.
We are a not for profit, member owned, collectively managed one stop grocery store, open to all. Our co-op contributes to the health and well-being of the community by delivering affordable access to natural, local and responsibly produced food and other products.
- Voluntary and open membership
- Transparency in operations and governance
- Worker and purchaser empowerment
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Educations, training and information
- Cooperations amongst cooperatives
- Concern for community