Better Food. Stronger Community.
Our mission is to provide not-for-profit access to healthy, local and sustainable food to Etobicoke’s diverse residents in a way that balances the interests of shoppers, local food producers, workers, and community partners.
Unlike many big name grocers, we’re owned by the people who shop in our store! We offer a unique shopping philosophy – where you always have a say in what products are available. We will have everything you expect in a grocery store, plus the opportunity to save on cost.
We’ve partnered with the Stonegate Community Health Centre to provide educational programs in our Co-op Kitchen such as cooking, canning, and food preservation classes. Through partnerships with other community health providers, we will offer the following:
- Healthy living and eating education
- Kid and youth programming to engage young members in healthy and sustainable food practices
- Store credit opportunities to directly address healthy food access and help with the rising cost of food
Let’s create a new local food culture in our neighbourhood with healthy, accessible food options for everyone. Donate today!
Just like our community, we at Berry Road Food Co-op work better when we come together. We’re made up of dedicated volunteer board members who are committed to improving our community and our home. But we can’t do it on our own.
As a not-for-profit start-up organization, we need community donations to help breathe life into the Berry Road Food Co-op.
We’ve already secured a 8,727 sq.ft. retail space at The Shoppes at Stonegate in Etobicoke. Your donations will help us acquire essential store materials and equipment to get the Berry Road Food Co-op up and running!
Target Date: Summer/Fall 2017
Here Are 3 Ways You Can Help Open The Doors At Berry Road Food Co-op:
- Donation: Any amount of your choosing that you can donate helps our cause of building a healthier and more sustainable community.
- Join As A Member: For a one time fee of only $10.00, you get a lifetime membership at BRFC. Find out more.
- Be A “Founding Co-op Patron”: Buy one or more $200.00 Co-op Credit Vouchers, redeemable when you shop at the Co-op after our doors open! We’ll even give you a special discount when you redeem your vouchers as our way of saying thanks for supporting our community effort. Find out more.
For Corporate Sponsorship download our brochure and contact james Partanen at 647.479.9584.